Recipe courtesy of Whole Grains Council. Featured on "Food in :60" Segment with Carrie Taylor, RDN, LDN and Andrea Luttrell, RDN, LDN.
DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. In a large bowl, beat the margarine with the brown sugar until well combined. Stir in egg yolks until smooth.
2. Mix in flour, baking soda and salt until a stiff dough forms. Fold in chocolate chips and cherries.
3. Form into a 3-inch thick log and refrigerate at least one hour or overnight.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line two large cookie sheets with parchment paper or coat with cooking spray. Cut dough log into ¼-inch cookies and place on the cookie sheets 1 inch apart.
5. Bake 10-12 minutes until cookies begin to firm. Cool on cookie sheet 3-4 minutes then remove to a wire rack. Cool completely before storing in an air-tight container for up to 3 days.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!