Recipe derived from Produce for Kids. Featured on "Food in :60" Segment with Carrie Taylor, RDN, LDN, RYT and Andrea Luttrell, RDN, LDN. Watch the recipe video here.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water prior to prepping.
3. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta and place in a large bowl.
4. Add dressing to pasta and stir to coat well.
5. Heat skillet over medium-high heat and add ground beef. Cook until cooked through, drain and mix with taco seasoning.
6. Add seasoned beef, peppers, cheese and tomatoes to pasta and stir to mix well.
7. For school lunch, place pasta in warmed insulated food storage container and pack with a serving of fruit.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!