Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. In a small sauce pan over medium heat, melt butter. Add shallots and cook for 2 minutes; blend in flour.
2. Whisk in milk and cream until incorporated; add dry mustard, paprika, cayenne pepper and salt to taste. Reduce heat to low and cook for 4 minutes or until smooth and boiling, stirring occasionally with a whisk.
3. Remove from heat and stir in aged cheddar cheese until smooth.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. Place half of the sliced potatoes in a lightly greased 1-quart casserole dish; pour half of the cheese sauce over top. Repeat with second layer of potatoes and cheese sauce. Bake, uncovered, for 40 minutes.
6. Sprinkle garlic cheddar cheese over the top and bake for 20 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender. Serve garnished with parsley if desired.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsCalories: 350 (Calories from Fat: 216)
Total Fat: 24g (Saturated Fat: 15g)
Total Carbohydrates: 24g (Dietary Fiber: 2g