Cheesy Asparagus Artichoke Breakfast Bake
Directions1. Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Place bread cubes on a cookie sheet and bake for 10-11 minutes or until somewhat dry; place in a large bowl and set aside. Increase oven temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Generously butter the inside of a large casserole dish or 9x13-inch pan; set aside.
3. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon for 5 minutes or until lightly browned and just begins to crisp up; remove to a paper-towel-lined plate with a slotted spoon.
4. Return skillet with bacon drippings to medium heat and add leeks and garlic; cook for 3-4 minutes or until softened. Add bacon back to pan, stir to combine. Cook for 1 minute; remove to a paper-towel-lined plate.
5. Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add asparagus and cook for 2 minutes. Immediately drain and run asparagus under cold water; drain.
6. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and milk; season to taste with salt and pepper.
7. In the bowl with the bread cubes, add bacon mixture, asparagus, artichokes, both cheeses and chives. Add egg mixture and stir to coat bread cubes well; season to taste with salt and pepper.
8. Place mixture in prepared dish and spread out into an even layer. Bake, uncovered for 40 minutes. May need to cover with foil during last 5-10 minutes of cooking time to prevent overbrowning. Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, Visit fightbac.org
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving
Calories: 261 (Calories from Fat: 135)
Total Fat: 15g (Saturated Fat: 7g)
Total Carbohydrates: 16g (Dietary Fiber: 1g