- Dig In & Recipes
- Health & Wellness
Whether looking for something different to bring to your holiday parties or searching for a fun activity to do with the kids on a snowy day, this festive recipe is a blast to make and is a yummy way to get your family to eat more nutrient-rich strawberries.
DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. On a cutting board, slice the stems off the strawberries (cut as flat as possible since that will be used as the base.)
2. Cut off the top third of the strawberries, these will be used as the hats.
3. Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla. Mixture will be thick so it’s best to make sure the cream cheese is at room temperature.
4. Place cream cheese mixture inside a zip-lock bag (or piping bag) and snip off one corner. Make this first cut a bit larger since you are filling the faces first.
5. Top strawberry base with mixture, top with strawberry hats and squeeze additional mixture on top of hat.
6. Next, snip the opposite corner of the bag (or change piping tip) to make a smaller opening. Use this end to decorate Santa’s jacket buttons.
7. Use mini chocolate chips to decorate Santa’s eyes. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsRecipe and Image from California Strawberries. For more strawberry-inspired recipes
visit California Strawberries