Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 11 to 13 Minutes
When you want a fun dinner the whole family will love, quesadillas fit the bill. Our quesadilla recipe is chocked full of lightly seasoned juicy chicken, ooey gooey cheese and a little spice in between two buttery, crispy tortillas for a delicious meal in mintues!
DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. In a medium bowl, combine cumin, garlic powder, chili powder, onion powder and salt and pepper to taste.
2. Add chicken chunks and toss to coat well.
3. In a large skillet over medium heat, add oil. Once hot, add chicken and sauté for 8 to 10 minutes or until cooked through and lightly browned. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
4. Brush one side of each tortilla with butter and place in frying pan over medium heat. On one half of tortilla add 1/4 of the cheese, 1/4 of the onion and 1/4 of the pepper, making sure to spread to the edge of the half. Top with 1/4 of the cooked chicken and 1/4 of the taco sauce and fold.
5. Flip over in pan and cook for 3 minutes or until warmed through.
6. Remove from pan to serving plate and cut into four equal wedges.
7. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
8. Serve with sour cream and salsa if desired.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving
Calories: 518 (Calories from Fat: 216)
Total Fat: 24g (Saturated Fat: 12g)
Total Carbohydrates: 25g (Dietary Fiber: 1g