Recipe featured on 12/1/16 Western Mass News Segment with Carrie Taylor, RDN, LDN and Andrea Luttrell, RDN, LDN.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water prior to prepping.
3. Pierce potatoes with a fork and steam in microwave for 5 minutes. Flip potatoes and steam another 3-5 minutes. Once cooked through, carefully peel off skin and cut potatoes into large cubes.
4. In a large stockpot, add cauliflower, potatoes, broth and milk. Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat and cook 5-10 minutes until thoroughly heated through.
5. Puree mixture with an immersion blender until smooth. (Note: Shut off immersion blender before removing it from the soup.)
6. Stir in sour cream and chives; season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook over low heat for 5-10 minutes more.
7. Spoon soup into serving bowls and top with cheese.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, Visit fightbac.org
Recipe courtesy of Jacob Wycoff.
Watch the recipe video here.