1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. Pierce potatoes with a fork and steam in microwave for 5 minutes. Flip potatoes and steam another 3-5 minutes. Once cooked through, carefully peel off skin and cut potatoes into large cubes.
4. In a large stockpot, add cauliflower, potatoes, broth and milk. Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat and cook 5-10 minutes until thoroughly heated through.
5. Puree mixture with an immersion blender until smooth. (Note: Shut off immersion blender before removing it from the soup.)
6. Stir in sour cream and chives; season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook over low heat for 5-10 minutes more.
7. Spoon soup into serving bowls and top with cheese.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!