Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cooking Time: Bake 30 Minutes.
November/December 2020 Dig In Magazine....
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Coat 2 9-inch cake pans with cooking spray and dust with flour; set aside.
4. In a large bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and ginger.
5. In another large bowl, combine eggs, oil and both sugars; mix well. Add to dry ingredients and stir just until combined; fold in carrots and 1 cup nuts.
6. Evenly divide batter between prepared pans Wash hands after handling raw batter.
7. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and without any crumbs, about 30 minutes.
8. Allow cakes to cool for 10 minutes in the pans; transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
9. In a large bowl using an electric mixer on medium speed, cream together butter and cream cheese for 3 minutes or until fluffy. Add powdered sugar and vanilla and beat until just combined.
10. Generously frost top of one cake with 1 1/2 cups frosting. Place other cake, upside down, on top of frosting. Frost top and sides with remaining frosting and sprinkle top with remaining nuts.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition Information Per Serving:
Calories: 570 (Calories from Fat: 351)
Total Fat: 39g (Saturated Fat: 15g)
Total Carbohydrates: 53g (Dietary Fiber: 1g