1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water prior to prepping.
3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly grease an 8x8-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
4. In a large bowl, combine oats, flaxseed, cinnamon, ginger and salt.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, siggi’s strawberry yogurt, eggs, vanilla and maple syrup. Pour over dry ingredients and mix well. Gently fold in carrot, raisins, coconut and pecans. Wash hands with soap and water after handling raw eggs.
6. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes or until set. Remove from oven and cool for at least 10 minutes.
7. While the oatmeal is cooling, prepare the topping by whisking together siggi’s vanilla yogurt and sugar until smooth. Dollop topping on oatmeal and sprinkle with coconut, if desired.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!