Featured in the Living Well Eating Smart newsletter issue #77 (May 17th to July 11th, 2018).
Recipe provided by Vita Coco. For more ways to cook with your Vita Coco, visit their website.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water prior to prepping.
3. Rub pork shoulder with salt; then, marinate overnight in coconut water, peppers, white onion and garlic.
4. When ready to cook, preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. Braise pork in a covered pan for 2 hours.
6. Meanwhile, marinate red onion in lime juice and a pinch of salt.
7. Remove pork from oven and pull apart when cool enough to handle.
8. Heat up tortillas.
9. Top tortillas with pork, red onions and your choice of garnish. Serve right away and enjoy!
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition Facts Per Serving*:
Total Fat 15 g
Saturated Fat 5 g
Cholesterol 60 mg
Sodium 290 mg
Carbohydrates 22 g
Fiber 3 g
Protein 18 g
*Analysis done with corn tortillas and without optional avocado garnish.