Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cooking Time: 52 to 57 Minutes
DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine cherries, sugar, butter and vanilla; cook for 3 minutes.
2. In a small bowl, combine water and cornstarch, stir until cornstarch dissolves. Add to cherry mixture and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally; remove from heat and let cool.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Line a 13x9-inch pan with aluminum foil, leaving a 1-inch overhang; coat bottom and sides with cooking spray and set aside.
5. Prepare 1 box of brownie mix according to directions, fold in ¼ cup nuts. Spread evenly in the bottom of the prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes, remove from oven.
6. Place unwrapped caramels and heavy cream in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute; remove and stir. Repeat process until caramels have melted and mixture is smooth. Pour caramel mixture over top of partially baked brownies.
7. Prepare second box of brownie mix and fold in remaining nuts. Pour carefully over the melted caramel, spreading evenly.
8. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until set. Remove from oven and let cool completely. Once cool, remove from pan, using the foil overhangs, and cut into squares. Serve topped with cherry sauce.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving: Calories: 415 (Calories from Fat: 198)
Total Fat: 22g (Saturated Fat: 6g)
Total Carbohydrates: 54g (Dietary Fiber: 2g