1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
4. Cut puff pastry dough in half to form 2 rectangles. Place on the baking sheet and set aside.
5. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine 1/2 cup brown sugar, butter, evaporated milk and vanilla; bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
6. Let cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and let cool.
7. In a medium bowl, combine apples and lemon juice; toss to combine. Add remaining brown sugar, cinnamon and salt; set aside for 15 minutes.
8. Arrange apple slices down the center of the pastry rectangles in a straight line, overlapping as you go.
9. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until pastry is puffed and golden brown. Remove from pan immediately and place on a wire rack to cool slightly.
10. Drizzle with caramel sauce before serving.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Calories: 89 (Calories from Fat: 27)
Total Fat: 3g (Saturated Fat: 1g)
Total Carbohydrates: 15g (Dietary Fiber: 1g