Candied Sweet Potatoes
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly coat a 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray, set aside.
4. Slice sweet potatoes into 1/4-inch slices and layer in baking dish.
5. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine butter, brown sugar, orange peel, cinnamon, ginger and salt. Cook until just boiling; stir in pecans. Remove sauce from the heat and pour over sweet potatoes.
6. Cover baking dish with foil and cook for 45 minutes. Remove foil and cook for 15 minutes more or until potatoes are tender.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Calories: 376, Total Fat: 21g, Saturated Fat: 8g, Cholesterol: 31mg, Sodium: 300mg, Total Carbohydrates: 46g, Dietary Fiber: 7g, Sugars: 20g, Protein: 5g