Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
These any-time-of day “cookies” are perfect for your family’s end of summer road trips. Even better, they can be made ahead of time and frozen so you can grab and go whenever you decide to hit the road.
Recipe and image courtesy of California Walnuts. Visit their website for other delicious walnut-inspired recipes.!
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and brown sugar with electric mixer until fluffy. Beat in vanilla then stir in crushed pineapple.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together remaining ingredients until well combined. Add dry ingredients to the pineapple mixture and stir until well combined.
5. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Wash hands after handling raw batter.
6. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking rack.
7. Once completely cooled, store in an air-tight container for up to one week or wrap cookies individually with plastic wrap and place in a zip-lock freezer storage bag to freeze.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!