Recipe courtesy of California Avocados and Meal Makeover Moms, Liz Weiss, MS, RD and Janice Newell Bissex, MS, RD. Visit www.MealMakeoverMoms.com for more delicious recipes.
Recipe Note: In place of prepared graham cracker crust, this recipe can be made with Graham Cracker Almond Crust from original recipe (which we love!) Visit original recipe here, and watch a video with preparation steps here.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water prior to prepping.
3. Place avocados in the bowl of a food processor with the yogurt, agave, lime zest and vanilla extract; pulse until well combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Set aside.
4. Place coconut milk in a small saucepan and bring to a low boil. Set aside.
5. Place the lime juice in a large bowl. Sprinkle gelatin over the juice and let stand 1 minute. Gently whisk in the hot coconut milk. Continue to whisk until the gelatin completely dissolves, about 5 minutes.
6. Stir in the avocado mixture until well combined.
7. Pour the mixture into graham cracker pie crust. Carefully transfer to the refrigerator and chill, uncovered, until firm, about 3 hours. Garnish with toppings and serve.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!