Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cooking Time: Bake 1 Hour 17 Minutes
August 2022 Dig In Recipe
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. Line a 9-inch pie pan with pie crust, folding overhanging dough under to make a plump pastry edge; set aside in the refrigerator until ready to use.
4. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. In a medium bowl, toss squash with olive oil, salt and pepper and toss well. Place squash in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes or until tender; set aside to cool and reduce oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
6. In a medium skillet over medium heat, add bacon and garlic and cook for 7 minutes or until bacon is lightly crisp; add onion and stir to combine. Remove from skillet with a slotted spoon to a plate lined with paper towel and set aside. Wash hands after handling raw bacon.
7. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, yolk, cream, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Wash hands after handling raw eggs.
8. Scatter squash and Gruyere cheese over bottom of pie crust and pour egg mixture over top. Bake for 30 minutes.
9. Add bacon and onion mixture and cook for another 10 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit as verified with an instant-read food thermometer.
10. Set on a wire rack and let cool for 15 minutes to set. Serve sprinkled with thyme.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Total Fat: 26g
Saturated Fat: 13g
Total Carbohydrates: 21g
Dietary Fiber: 2g