Recipe courtesy of Whole Grains Council. Featured on "Food in :60" Segment with Carrie Taylor, RDN, LDN and Andrea Luttrell, RDN, LDN. Watch the recipe video here!
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water prior to prepping.
3. Rinse quinoa in a fine-mesh strainer under cool running water. Add quinoa and vegetable broth to a medium pot and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer 12-15 minutes until liquid is absorbed.
4. In a medium skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add bell peppers, red onion, chili powder and paprika and cook for about 5 minutes until onions become translucent and peppers are tender, stirring occasionally.
5. To build each burrito bowl, ladle quinoa in a bowl and top with black beans, sautéed pepper-onion mixture and chicken. Garnish with avocado slices, salsa and yogurt as desired.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!