To see Chef Andrew prepare this dish, go to: https://youtu.be/8F4z_6XqpRE
Directions1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Gently rub garlic and scallions under running water, before prepping.
3. Check mussels to verify if any are broken or open: Discard any broken shells; Squeeze opened shells shut. If shells do not stay closed, discard. Wash hands, again, with soap and running water after handling mussels.
4. In a pasta pot warmed over medium heat, add oil and garlic. Cook until fragrant but not browned.
5. Add wine and buffalo sauce. Bring to a boil.
6. Add mussels and cover pot tightly with lid. If you do not have a lid, cover the pot with aluminum foil.
7. Cook until all mussels steam open, approximately 4 minutes.
8. Remove mussels from pot with tongs or a slotted spoon, set aside in a large serving dish and cover with aluminum foil.
9. Return pot to stove over high heat and bring buffalo broth to a boil.
10. Add heavy cream and bring back to a boil for one minute.
11. Reduce heat to medium. Add butter and stir into sauce until melted. Add scallions.
12. Once broth ingredients are incorporated together, spoon generously over mussels.
13. Sprinkle blue cheese over mussels and allow cheese to soften.
14. Serve with toasted, crusty bread or over rice or pasta.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!