Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cooking Time: Chill 1 Hour, Bake 10-12 Minutes
Watch this recipe being prepared
November/December 2021 Cookie Mini Magazine Recipe
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside. Wash hands after handling raw flour.
3. In a large bowl using an electric mixer on medium speed, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy; beat in egg and vanilla.
4. Add flour mixture and mix on medium-low speed until completely incorporated.
5. Divide dough in half, pat into two discs about 1/2-inch thick, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Wash hands after handling raw dough.
6. Preheat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
7. Remove dough from refrigerator and let sit for 10 minutes. Roll out one dough disc between two pieces of parchment paper until 1/4-inch thick.
8. Cut out gingerbread shapes with cookie cutters and arrange about 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Wash hands after handling raw dough.
9. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies are golden brown on bottom. Let cookies cool on baking sheets until firm enough to transfer to wire racks; let cool completely.
10. Repeat process with remaining dough, remembering to wash hands after handling raw dough. Turn cookies upside down and decorate like reindeer.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Total Fat 5 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 20 mg
Sodium 31 mg
Carbohydrates 13 g
Fiber 0 g
Sugars 6 g
Protein 1 g