Recipe featured in "Food in :60" Segment with Big Y's dietitians, Carrie & Andrea.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water prior to prepping.
3. Melt buttery spread in a Dutch oven or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and celery and saute until slightly softened.
4. Sprinkle flour over onion and celery and stir well to coat. Whisk in milk and then pour in vegetable stock, stirring to mix.
5. Add broccoli and carrots to soup and stir to combine. When soup begins to boil, cover, reduce heat to low and simmer until broccoli softens, about 20 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
6. Add cheese to soup, stirring until smooth. Adjust with salt and pepper and serve.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!