Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cooking Time: Marinate 4-8 Hours, Grill 5 Hours
May June 2021 Big Y Dig In Magazine Recipe
Directions1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. In a small bowl, combine sea salt, chili powder, 1¼ teaspoons garlic powder, 2 teaspoons brown sugar, 1 teaspoon pepper, cumin and onion powder.
3. Place brisket on a large piece of plastic wrap. Generously rub spice mixture on all sides of brisket; wrap in plastic wrap and let marinate in the refrigerator for 4-8 hours. Wash hands with soap and water after handling raw meat. Note: If you don’t have time, the brisket will still be plenty flavorful, cooked right away.
4. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine vinegar, water, oil, ¼ cup brown sugar, ketchup, 2 teaspoons garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, red pepper flakes and ¼ teaspoon pepper; bring to a slow rolling boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer for 15 minutes; remove from heat and set aside. Reserve ½ cup.
5. Prepare grill for indirect heat on medium-low. Place brisket, fat-side-up, on unheated side of grill. Grill for 1 hour.
6. Baste with vinegar mixture, flip and continue to grill for 4 hours or until the internal temperature on a meat thermometer reaches 195 degrees Fahrenheit, flipping and basting every 30 minutes. Remove from grill, wrap in foil and let rest for 10 minutes before serving. Serve with reserved sauce.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving
Total Fat: 17g
Saturated Fat: 5g
Total Carbohydrates: 3g
Dietary Fiber: 0g
Sugars: 2g. Protein: 59g
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more