Breakfast Berry Nachos
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Recipe and image courtesy of Driscoll's.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce under cold running water and pat dry.
3. Preheat toaster oven or regular oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Place pitas on a baking sheet and brush lightly with melted butter. Evenly sprinkle the sugar and cinnamon over the pitas. Cut each into 6 wedges and bake triangles 4-5 minutes or until lightly toasted.
5. Meanwhile, combine yogurt and honey in a small bowl.
6. Divide cooked pita wedges between 4 plates. Distribute about 1/2 cup berries over each plate. Use a small spoon to dollop small amounts of the sweetened yogurt over the top of the "nachos".
7. Drizzle with maple syrup and/or sprinkle with shredded coconut if desired.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!