DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Rinse the outside and cavity of the hen and thoroughly dry with paper towels. It is very important that the bird is dry so that it browns correctly.
2. Shake ½ tbsp. of the BORSARI ORANGE/GINGER or SAVORY SEASONING into the cavity.
3. Next rub the entire exterior of the bird with butter. Now generously season the entire bird with the BORSARI ORANGE/GINGER or SAVORY SEASONING.
4. Twist and tuck the wings tips behind the shoulders and tie the drumsticks together with cotton kitchen string. Sprigs of fresh thyme, rosemary or sage can be added to the cavity if desired.
5. Place prepared chicken in a roasting pan with a rack and place in the 450 degree oven.
6. After 20 minutes reduce heat to 325 degrees and finish roasting until a thermometer inserted into the thigh registers 160 degrees.
7. 10 minutes before removing bird from oven paint outside of bird with the chutney. Place back in oven to set glaze.
8. Remove bird from oven, tent with aluminum foil and let it rest for 20 minutes before carving.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, Visit fightbac.org