Blueberry Breakfast Bars
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water prior to prepping.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a 9-inch square baking pan with heavy duty aluminum foil, making sure there is a 1-inch overhang all around the sides of the pan. Lightly coat with cooking spray and set aside.
- Spread oats, walnuts and sunflower seeds on an ungreased rimmed baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until they are lightly toasted, stirring every 2-3 minutes; remove from oven and let cool completely. Reduce oven heat to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine honey, sugar, butter, salt, cinnamon and vanilla and cook for 5 minutes or until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and stir in toasted oats mixture and blueberries.
- Press batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 20 minutes or until set.
- Remove from oven and cool completely on a wire rack. Lift foil to remove granola bars from pan; place on a cutting board and cut into 16 bars.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Total Fat 11 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 7 mg
Sodium 66 mg
Carbohydrates 30 g
Fiber 4 g
Sugars 13 g
Protein 5 g