Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cooking Time: 0
November/December 2022 Dig In the Big Y Magazine
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Rinse all fresh produce.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, combine blood orange slices, sugar and water; bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and let cook for 16 minutes or until orange slices are soft.
- Strain mixture to remove the orange slices. Place mixture in a bowl and let cool to room temperature. Making sure it cools down enough is essential to keeping the ombré effect. Note: Orange syrup mixture can be made up to 1 week in advance and stored in the refrigerator.
- To assemble, place golden sugar in a small bowl, big enough to fit rim of champagne flute.
- Take an orange slice and run it around the rim of each champagne flute. Place champagne flute, upside down, in sugar and twist to cover rim with sugar.
- Place 4 tablespoons orange syrup into the bottom of each champagne flute; slowly top with champagne. Garnish with a sprig of rosemary.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!