Prep Time: 25 Minutes
November/December 2018 Dig In the Big Y Magazine
Directions1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, combine blood orange slices, sugar and water; bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and let cook for 16 minutes or until orange slices are soft.
3. Strain mixture to remove the orange slices. Place mixture in a bowl and let cool to room temperature. Making sure it cooks down enough is essential to keeping the ombré effect. Orange syrup mixture can be made up to 1 week in advance, stored in the refrigerator.
4. To assemble, place golden sugar in a small bowl, big enough to fit rim of champagne flute.
5. Take an orange slice and run it around the rim of each champagne flute; place champagne flute, upside down, in sugar, twist to cover rim with sugar.
6. Place 4 tablespoons orange syrup into the bottom of each champagne flute; slowly top with champagne. Garnish with a sprig of rosemary.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!