Blackened Swordfish with Corn and Tomato Relish
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce under cold water and pat dry.
3. To make the corn and tomato relish: In a large skillet over medium-high heat, warm the oil until a few droplets of water sizzle when carefully sprinkled in the pan. Add the corn and tomatoes. Sauté, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 3 to 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from the heat and stir in the basil. Keep warm.
4. Preheat a clean grill to medium-high with the lid closed for 8 to 10 minutes. Lightly brush the grates with oil.
5. Season both sides of the swordfish steaks with the blackened seasoning.
6. Place the swordfish on the grill. Close the lid and cook, turning once, until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit with an instant-read food thermometer, about 4 to 5 minutes per side.
7. To serve, place the swordfish on the plate and top with a generous spoonful of the relish.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!