Watch this recipe being prepared
For a twist on taco’s, try this Black Bean & Salsa Verde lasagna. So easy to make and full of flavor. Top it with avocados and sour cream for a meal that your whole family will love!
2022 Back To School Recipe SS
1. Wash hands with soap and running water.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degress Fahrenheit; spray 13 x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
3. In large skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 8 minutes or until browned and internal temperature reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit, breaking up beef with side of spoon; drain. Wash hands after handling raw meat.
4. Stir in seasoning and 2/3 cup water; cook 3 minutes or until liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally. Stir in beans and salsa; cook 2 minutes or until heated through, stirring frequently. Makes about 5 cups.
5. Arrange 6 tortilla halves in bottom of prepared dish, covering bottom of dish as much as possible; carefully spread 2 1/2 cups beef mixture over tortillas and sprinkle with 1 cup cheese.
6. Repeat layers; top with remaining 6 tortilla halves and 1 cup cheese.
7. Bake lasagna 35 minutes or until cheese melts and top is golden brown; let stand 10 minutes.
8. Cut lasagna into 12 pieces; serve topped with Avocados from Peru, tomatoes, sour cream and cilantro.
9. Chef Tip: To speed up the ripening process of avocados, place them in a brown paper bag with an apple or banana for 2 to 3 days or until ripened.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Total Fat 23 g
Saturated Fat 10 g
Cholesterol 54 mg
Sodium 1132 mg
Carbohydrates 33 g
Fiber 6 g
Protein 20 g