Biscuits with Jam & Cream Cheese
Directions1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray; set aside.
4. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Cut in 3 tablespoons cream cheese and butter with a pastry blender or two forks until pea-sized lumps form; gently stir in buttermilk.
5. Gather dough into a ball and turn out onto a lightly floured surface; knead for 10 seconds. Divide dough in half and roll each piece out to a ½-inch thickness. Use a 2½-inch biscuit cutter to cut out rounds; place on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the dough scraps. Brush tops with 1 tablespoon milk and bake for 12 minutes or until tops are lightly browned; transfer to a rack to cool.
6. In a large bowl using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat together 1½ cups cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla. With the mixer running, slowly add the remaining milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, until well combined and desired consistency is achieved.
7. Cut biscuits in half and top with some strawberry jam and cream cheese mixture and garnish with berries.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving
Total Fat: 8g
Saturated Fat: 5g
Total Carbohydrates: 42g
Dietary Fiber: 0g
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more