1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Place corned beef brisket and 2 cups water in Dutch oven. Bring just to a simmer; do not boil.
5. Cover tightly and cook in 350 degrees Fahrenheit oven 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours, or until fork-tender.
6. About 20 minutes before brisket is done, steam cabbage 15 to 20 minutes or until tender.
7. Remove brisket from water; trim fat. Place on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef will be 3 to 4 inches from heat.
8. Combine honey and 1 tablespoon mustard. Brush top of brisket with 1/2 of glaze; broil 3 minutes. Brush with remaining glaze; broil 2 minutes or until glazed.
9. Combine butter, 1 tablespoon mustard and dill; spread on hot cabbage. Carve brisket diagonally across the grain. Serve with cabbage.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition information per serving:
22.1g Total Fat
9g Saturated Fat
0.8g Polyunsaturated Fat
9.5g Monounsaturated Fat
0.2g Trans Fat
21g Total carbohydrate
0.4mg Vitamin B6
1.4mcg Vitamin B12