Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cooking Time: Bake 50 Minutes
August 2022 Dig In Recipe
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water prior to prepping.
- In a large bowl, gently toss together peaches, raspberries, blackberries, 1/3 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and orange juice. Pour into a large ungreased baking dish; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, whisk together remaining flour and sugar, lemon zest, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Wash hands with soap and water after handling raw flour. Using a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in cubed butter until mixture is crumbly.
- In a small bowl, combine buttermilk and vanilla; drizzle over flour mixture, stirring with fork to form a soft, slightly sticky dough.
- On lightly floured waxed paper, form dough into an 8-inch square. Cut dough into 9 circles and place on top of fruit mixture. Brush dough with melted butter and sprinkle with sugar. Wash hands with soap and water after handling raw flour.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until bubbly and biscuits are lightly golden and mixture is bubbly. Let cool slightly before serving. Serve with ice cream if desired.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Total Fat: 9 g
Saturated Fat: 5 g
Cholesterol: 20 mg
Sodium: 250 mg
Carbohydrates: 65 g
Fiber: 4 g
Sugars: 23 g
Protein: 7 g