- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Rinse fresh produce.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, gently toss together peaches, raspberries, blackberries, 1/3 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and orange juice. Pour into a large ungreased baking dish and set aside. Wash hands after handling raw flour.
- In a large bowl, whisk together remaining 1/2 cup flour and 1/4 cup sugar, lemon zest, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Using a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in cubed butter until mixture is crumbly. Wash hands after handling raw flour.
- In a small bowl, combine buttermilk and vanilla. Drizzle over flour mixture, stirring with fork to form a soft, slightly sticky dough.
- On a lightly floured surface, form dough into an 8-inch square. Cut dough into 9 circles and place on top of fruit mixture. Brush dough with melted butter and sprinkle with sugar. Wash hands after handling raw flour.
- Bake until biscuits are lightly golden and mixture is bubbly, about 50 minutes.
- Let cool slightly before serving. Serve with ice cream, if desired.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Calories: 360, Total Fat: 9 g, Saturated Fat: 5 g, Cholesterol: 20 mg, Sodium: 250 mg, Carbohydrates: 65 g, Fiber: 4 g, Sugars: 23 g, Protein: 7 g