Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cooking Time: 45 Minutes
April/May 2020 Dig In Recipe
Directions1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water prior to prepping.
3. Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Line a baking dish with aluminum foil. Add beets and cover with more foil. Roast for 45 minutes or until a fork inserted into center slides out easily. Remove from oven and let cool. Once cool, peel and cut into chunks.
5. In a food processor, combine beets, garlic, chickpeas, lemon juice, tahini, salt and pepper; process until smooth and well mixed. With processor running, slowly add oil; blend until smooth.
6. Transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until well chilled.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving Calories: 272 (Calories from Fat: 180)
Total Fat: 20g (Saturated Fat: 3g)
Total Carbohydrates: 19g (Dietary Fiber: 6g