Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 45 Minutes
DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Peel, scrub and roughly chop beets and place on a sheet of foil with garlic, drizzle with olive oil and season to taste with kosher salt and fresh ground pepper.
3. Wrap up tightly, place on a baking sheet and roast for 45 minutes or until beets are tender.
4. Remove from oven and let cool completely. Drain garbanzo beans and place in a colander and rinse with cold water. Vigorously rub the garbanzo beans to loosen their skins. Immerse colander into water and skim off the floating skins. Place peeled garbanzo beans, cooled beets and roasted garlic in a food processor together with ¼ cup tahini paste, 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice and 2 Tbsp. water and process until smooth.
5. Season to taste with salt and pepper if desired. Serve garnished with 2 Tbsp. fresh chopped chives.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving: Calories: 119 (Calories from Fat: 54)
Total Fat: 6g (Saturated Fat: 1g)
Total Carbohydrates: 13g (Dietary Fiber: 4g