- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water prior to prepping.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, combine ground beef, onion and garlic. Wash hands with soap and water after handling raw beef. Cook mixture for 6 minutes or until beef is cooked to a temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit as verified with an instant-read food thermometer, breaking it up with the back of a spoon; drain.
- Return pan with beef to stove and stir in salsa, chili powder, cumin, cheese, salt and pepper; simmer over low heat for 3 minutes.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions. Spoon 1-2 tablespoons beef mixture into center of each tortilla; roll up. Use toothpicks to hold the tortillas together tightly.
- In a large skillet with 2 tablespoons oil, fry a few taquitos at a time, for 3 minutes; drain on paper towels. Fry remaining taquitos, adding more oil as needed. Remove toothpicks and serve.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Total Fat: 9g
Saturated Fat: 5g
Total Cholesterol: 20mg
Total Carbohydrates: 65g
Dietary Fiber: 4g