Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cooking Time: Marinate 2-4 hours, Grill 6-8 minutes
Kabobs are a time-honored grilling standby, and with good reason - they’re simple to prepare and easy to grill. Our deliciously marinated and seasoned beef kabobs, paired with a tasty pasta salad, are a quick-fired, crowd-pleasing backyard barbecue classic.
DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Place beef cubes in a large, resealable plastic bag. In a blender, combine 3 minced garlic cloves, paprika, cumin, turmeric, salt and pepper to taste, 1/3 cup vinegar and ½ cup olive oil; mix well. Pour marinade mixture over beef and mix well. Seal bag and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 4 hours.
2. In a large pot of water over medium-high heat, add green beans; cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until slightly softened but still bright green. With a slotted spoon, remove beans to a colander and set aside. Bring water in pot back to a boil, adding more water if needed.
3. Add pasta and cook until slightly softer than al dente.
4. Drain in the same colander with the green beans, shake to dry a bit.
5. Transfer beans and pasta to a large serving bowl and set aside to cool.
6. Once room temperature, add tomatoes, olives, green onion, parsley and cheese and toss. In a medium bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons vinegar, 1 minced garlic clove, mustard, salt and pepper to taste and 1/3 cup olive oil; add to pasta mixture, toss to coat well and set aside.
7. Coat grill grates with cooking spray and preheat to medium. Thread meat cubes onto skewers leaving about ½-inch space between each piece. Place on grill and cook, with lid closed, for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until desired doneness is reached.
8. Serve kabobs with pasta salad.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving
Calories: 793 (Calories from Fat: 432)
Total Fat: 48g (Saturated Fat: 13g)
Total Carbohydrates: 28g (Dietary Fiber: 3g