- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Rinse fresh produce.
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil and chili sauce.
- Pour half the sauce into a large resealable plastic bag and cover and refrigerate other half of sauce. Add steak to bag, seal, place on a plate and let marinate on the bottom shelf of refrigerator for 1 hour. Wash hands after handling raw beef.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add olive oil. Once hot, add steak; season with salt and pepper. Discard used sauce and wash hands after handling raw steak.
- Cook until internal temperature of steak reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit as verified with an instant-food thermometer, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and let rest to the side.
- Pour off fat from pan and add broccoli and water. Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook for 4 minutes or until crisp tender (add more water if pan becomes dry).
- Pour reserved sauce mixture into pan and toss with broccoli. Add beef and cook, uncovered, for 2 minutes, or until heated through.
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- Serve beef and broccoli mixture over rice and top with toasted sesame seeds, if desired.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, Visit fightbac.org
(with rice) Calories: 655, Total Fat: 28g, Saturated Fat: 10g, Cholesterol: 116mg, Sodium: 832mg, Carbohydrates: 39g, Fiber: 3g, Sugars: 3g, Protein: 59g