Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
This is a classic, take-out favorite. Ditch the restaurant and make it yourself!
1. Slice the steak into thin pieces. Begin heating the water in a large wok (or skillet) over medium high.
2. Cut broccoli into small, bite-sized pieces and add to the water once it comes to a rolling boil; cook for 30-60 seconds. Drain and set aside.
3. Mince garlic. In another bowl, mix together the sauce ingredients. Set aside separately.
4. Add olive oil to the wok. Heat 1-2 minutes over medium-high heat until the oil begins to shimmer.
5. Add beef to the hot oil in a single layer. Allow the meat to sear and brown.
6. Add garlic and cook 1-2 minutes until beef is no longer pink (cooking time will depend on how thick you made the slices).
7. Slowly add sauce to the meat and continue to stir. The sauce should begin to boil and thicken within 30-60 seconds; add water or stock if it becomes too thick.
8. Continue to cook for 1 minute more, then add the broccoli. Toss to fully coat, then remove from heat.
9. Serve over rice.
Fat: 15 g
Carbohydrates: 41 g
Sodium: 460 mg
Fiber: 4 g
Protein: 29 g
Cholesterol: 60 mg