DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine ketchup, water, vinegar, both sugars, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, ground mustard and steak sauce; bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat and simmer for 40 minutes; let cool. Once cool, pour half into a large resealable plastic bag.
3. Add chicken cubes and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
4. Arrange chicken cubes on skewers, leaving ½-inch space between each piece; discard marinade.
5. Roll up bacon halves and thread onto skewers with vegetables, alternating ingredients.
6. Coat grill grate with cooking spray and preheat to medium.
7. Add skewers and cook chicken for 7 minutes on each side or until cooked through, basting with reserved sauce during last 3 minutes of cook time.
8. Cook bacon skewers for 6 to 7 minutes on each side or until bacon is cooked, basting with reserved sauce during last 3 minutes of cook time.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving: Calories: 367 (Calories from Fat: 162)
Total Fat: 18g (Saturated Fat: 6g)
Total Carbohydrates: 24g (Dietary Fiber: 1g