Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cooking Time: Chill 4 Hours, Bake 6 to 8 Minutes
November/December 2021 Cookie Mini Magazine Recipe
Create festive cookies with this classic cookie dough.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, cream together butter and sugar until smooth; beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt. Wash hands after handling raw flour and eggs. Cover and chill dough for at least 4 hours or overnight.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Roll out dough onto a lightly floured surface to ¼- to ½-inch thickness. If dough is too sticky, add additional flour, a little at a time, until desired consistency is reached. Cut into desired shapes with cookie cutters.
5. Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Wash hands after handling raw dough.
6. Bake for 6-8 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack before decorating.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, Visit fightbac.org
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Total Fat 6 g
Saturated Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 31 mg
Sodium 75 mg
Carbohydrates 18 g
Fiber 0 g
Sugars 9 g
Protein 2 g