Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
May 2023 Dig In Recipe
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. In a medium saucepan over high heat, bring broth to a boil. Add barley and a pinch of salt. Stir, cover, reduce heat to a low simmer and cook until barley is tender, about 10 minutes. Add more broth if the pan becomes dry before the barley has finished cooking, check every 5 minutes until desired chewiness is reached; let cool.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together oil, lime juice, orange juice, cilantro, jalapeno and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
5. Divide and layer the salad ingredients evenly between 4 quart-size jars in this order: dressing, cucumber, barley, peas, tomatoes, corn and salad greens.
6. Seal and refrigerate until ready to eat.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Calories: 413, Total Fat: 15g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 87mg, Carbohydrates: 59g, Fiber: 14g, Sugars: 10g, Protein: 12g