Cooking Time: Bake 60 to 70 Minutes, Cool for 10 Minutes
There’s nothing quite like the comfort of a delicious, moist slice of banana bread, whether enjoyed for breakfast, with a cup of coffee in the afternoon or even topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an extra special treat. If you love your banana bread, but have been looking for a healthier version, this banana bread yogurt recipe is a must-try. It’s lighter and healthier than traditional banana bread, thanks to Cabot Triple Cream Salted Caramel Yogurt, but delivers all the flavor goodness you expect and more, with the welcome addition of the warming spices of cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger. Be sure to share this recipe with friends and family on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter.
Recipe provided by Cabot Creamery.
DirectionsBig Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce prior to prepping.
3. PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Coat 8 ½ by 4 ½-inch loaf pan with cooking spray, then dust with flour.
4. WHISK together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg in a medium bowl.
5. MELT butter in a large microwave-proof bowl. Add bananas, sugar, yogurt, eggs and vanilla; beat with electric mixer on high speed for 1 minute. Add dry ingredients and beat on low speed just until combined. Scrape batter into prepared pan, smoothing top. Wash hands with soap and water after handling raw eggs.
6. BAKE for 60 to 70 minutes or until skewer inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes, then remove from pan and let cool completely.
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving
Total Fat: 4.5 g
Saturated Fat: 2.5 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 206 mg
Carbohydrates: 27 g
Fiber: 1 g
Protein: 3 g
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more