Prep Time: 15 minutes
Recipe and image courtesy of California Walnuts.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce under cold running water prior to prepping.
3. In a large container with a lid, add sliced bananas. Use a potato masher or a fork to mash the bananas until smooth.
4. Add oats, cinnamon, salt, vanilla, half the chopped walnuts, maple syrup and milk to the bananas. Combine thoroughly and refrigerate overnight.
5. To serve, divide the oats into four serving dishes, such as mason jars or glass containers with lids. Top each serving with remaining chopped walnuts before serving. The overnight oats with last up to 5 days in the fridge, though the oats will soften more the longer they sit.