From the Living Well Eating Smart newsletter, Issue #88 (March 19th -May 13th, 2020).
Recipe and image from Nature Nate's. Visit their website for cooking tips, recipes and more honey goodness!
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water prior to prepping.
3. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Slice pears in half and scoop out center seeds.
5. Arrange halves face up on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, drizzle with half the honey.
6. Bake for 15 minutes.
7. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt, cardamom and nuts, drizzle with remaining honey.
8. Return to oven for 5 to 10 minutes more, until edges of the pears begin to turn light golden brown.
9. Top with arils and a drizzle of additional honey, if desired.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Total Fat 3 g
Saturated Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 105 mg
Carbohydrates 50 g
Fiber 4 g
Protein 2 g