Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cooking Time: Cook 15 Minutes
November/December 2021 Dig In Magazine Recipe
Flavorful shredded chicken stuffed into corn tortillas, smothered in an easy homemade enchilada sauce.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Spray a medium saucepan with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes or until onions are translucent. Add chicken, salsa, black beans and corn and cook until heated through. Add cream cheese and 1 cup cheddar cheese and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until cheeses are melted. Remove from stove.
5. Place stack of 6 tortillas between 2 slightly damp paper towels and microwave on HIGH for 45 seconds or until warmed. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Fill each tortilla with a 1/4 cup chicken mixture and a portion of the 1/2 cup shredded cheese; tightly roll up. Place seam-side down into two 11x7-inch baking dishes coated with cooking spray. Top with enchilada sauce and 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese.
6. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit as verified with an instant-read food thermometer and cheese is bubbly.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, Visit fightbac.org
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Total Fat 13 g
Saturated Fat 5 g
Cholesterol 65 mg
Carbohydrates 47 g
Fiber 9 g
Protein 35 g