Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cooking Time: Cook 30 Minutes
Watch this recipe being prepared
Featured In Our January 2022 Renew, Refresh & Restore Issue
A Hardy fruit forward desert.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. In a medium bowl, combine oats, pecan, cranberries, maple syrup, butter, apple pie spice and sea salt; set aside.
5. Cut 1/2 inch off top of each apple; reserve tops. Using a paring knife or spoon, hollow out apples, leaving about a ½-inch-thick wall and base; discard core and seeds. Cut up as much as possible of the edible apple flesh and add to bowl with oats; mix well.
6. Stuff apples with mixture and place in a baking dish; place reversed tops on stuffing mixture. Bake for 30 minutes or until mixture is hot and apples are tender.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Total Fat 15 g
Saturated Fat 6 g
Cholesterol 20 mg
Sodium 6 mg
Carbohydrates 47 g
Fiber 7 g
Sugars 32 g
Protein 2 g