Bacon-Wrapped Water Chestnuts
DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Cut bacon strips into halves. In a large pan, cook bacon on medium heat until barely crisp. Drain bacon grease.
3. Fold a piece of bacon around a water chestnut and seal with a toothpick. Repeat until all chestnuts are used.
4. In an ungreased 9" x 13" baking dish, position bacon-wrapped water chestnuts.
5. In a small bowl, mix brown sugar, mayonnaise, and chili sauce together. Drizzle mixture over water chestnuts.
6. Bake for 30 minutes or until chestnuts are bubbling. Serve with maple syrup to dip.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!