Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cooking Time: 55 Minutes
February/March 2020 Dig In Recipe
DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a small skillet over medium heat, add oil. Add onion and garlic and cook for 4 minutes or until softened; transfer to a large bowl.
3. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and cayenne; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until slightly reduced; set aside. Transfer 2 tablespoons ketchup mixture to a blender; add broth, parsley and thyme and blend until smooth. Set remaining ketchup mixture aside.
4. Add broth mixture, eggs, breadcrumbs, Parmesan, pistachios and salt and pepper to taste to onion and garlic; mix to combine. Add turkey and mix well with your hands to combine.
5. Turn meat mixture out onto a work surface. With wet hands, pat mixture into a 9x5-inch loaf pan. Cover a wire rack with foil; prick foil in several places with a fork and place in a shallow roasting pan lined with foil.
6. Set formed loaf on rack. Brush loaf with reserved ketchup mixture, then arrange bacon slices, crosswise, over loaf, overlapping them slightly and tucking them under to prevent curling. Bake for 55 minutes or until bacon is crisp and loaf registers 160 degrees Fahrenheit on a meat thermometer. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving Calories: 414 (Calories from Fat: 270)
Total Fat: 30g (Saturated Fat: 9g)
Total Carbohydrates: 15g (Dietary Fiber: 1g