Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: Cook 27 Minutes
September October 2021 Big Y Dig In Magazine Recipe
DirectionsBig Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water prior to prepping.
3. In a large, heavy saucepan over medium heat cook bacon until crispy. Wash hands with soap and water after handling raw pork. Remove bacon from pan with a slotted spoon and set aside.
4. Remove and discard half the bacon fat from saucepan; place pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 4 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add potato and bell peppers and sauté for 2 minutes. Add milk and bring to a boil.
5. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender and soup thickens slightly, stirring occasionally. Add creamed corn, corn kernels, thyme, salt and pepper and simmer for 6 minutes or until heated through.
6. Crumble bacon and sprinkle on top of soup. Serve garnished with parsley if desired.
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving
Total Fat 22 g
Saturated Fat 9 g
Cholesterol 43 mg
Sodium 708 mg
Carbohydrates 49 g
Fiber 4 g
Sugars. 16 g
Protein 15 g
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more