Prep Time: 50 Minutes
Cooking Time: Grill 20 Minutes, Bake 2 Hours
June 2022 Dig In Recipe
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine water, vinegar, tomato paste, mustard, brown sugar, honey, liquid smoke, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika and cayenne pepper; bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring often, for 45 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat and let cool; reserve a cup for serving.
4. Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. Remove thin white membrane on back of each rack of ribs and discard. Cut ribs into 4 sections; place each on a large piece of aluminum foil. Wash hands after handling raw pork.
6. Generously brush barbecue sauce over the entire surface of each rib section; wrap tightly with foil and arrange on 2 baking sheets with seam of foil facing up; bake for 2 hours. Remove from heat.
7. Coat grill grate with cooking spray and preheat to medium.
8. Carefully remove ribs from foil and grill for 10 minutes per side, brushing generously with sauce during last 5 minutes of cooking, or until temperature reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit as verified on an instant-read food thermometer. Serve with reserved sauce.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Total Fat: 75g
Saturated Fat: 23g
Total Carbohydrates: 12g
Dietary Fiber: 0g