Avocado & Scallion Salsa Rainin' Grains Ciabatta
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce under cold running water prior to prepping.
3. Toast coriander and cumin seeds in a dry skillet over medium heat, shaking often, until fragrant and slightly darkened in color (about 3 minutes). Transfer to a spice mill or food processor. Let cool, then coarsley grind. Set spice mixture aside.
4. Place scallions and 1 tablespoon oil in skillet over medium-high heat, season with kosher salt, and cook, turning occasionally, until softened and deeply charred (about 4 minutes). Transfer to a cutting board then trim roots and discard.
5. Finely chop scallions and place in a medium bowl. Add reserved spice mixture, chili pepper and parsley.
6. Finely zest half of lemon into bowl, then cut off half of lemon and squeeze juice into bowl.
7. Add 1 cup oil and stir well to combine. Season with kosher salt.
8. Slice Chabaso Rainin' Grains Ciabatta and toast to desired darkness.
9. To serve, brush each slice of bread with olive oil. Coarsley smash avocados onto bread and spoon salsa over. Sprinkle with kosher salt, if desired.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!