Recipe featured in the Living Well Eating Smart newsletter #63 (dated 1/14/16-3/23/16).
Recipe courtesy of Frito Lay's. For more ideas, visit their website!
Chef Tip: To speed up the ripening process of avocadoes, place them in a brown paper bag with an apple or banana for 2 to 3 days or until ripened.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. Mix mashed avocado with lime juice.
4. Layer avocado and beans on the bottom of a serving dish.
5. In a medium bowl, mix onions, sour cream, cheese and salsa together.
6. Spoon mixture over avocado and black beans.
7. If desired, garnish with additional cheese or lime wedges. Serve immediately with tortilla chips.
8. Bake dip for 35 minutes or until cheese melts and top is golden brown; let stand 10 minutes.
9. Cut dip into 12 pieces; serve topped with avocadoes, tomatoes, sour cream and cilantro.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Total Fat 23 g
Saturated Fat 10 g
Cholesterol 54 mg
Sodium 1132 mg
Carbohydrates 33 g
Fiber 6 g
Protein 20 g